Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

#nevergoinghome

It's amazing how fast time flies when you're working hard and having fun. Really though. I started my mission on the West side of Albuquerque, and was there for about 4.5 months. Then I spent almost 6 months on the East side of ABQ, almost 6 months on the East side of El Paso, and now almost 3 months back where I started, on the West Side of ABQ. And suddenly, 5 wards and 10 companions later, 18 months has come and gone!

These last few days have been really surreal- filled with goodbyes and 'see you laters'. There have been so many people that have touched my life on my mission. Albuquerque and El Paso are so dear to my heart, and I will be forever grateful to have been a part of the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission!
I thought I wanted to go foreign and learn a language. But what's cool about life is that your Heavenly Father knows what you want, and he also knows what you need. So He sent me to the NMAM, the best mission in the world! He sent me to a place where I could get culture and language and new foods, and all the things I wanted, while still having the comfort of getting mail fast, and hot water, and friendly faces. A place where I would meet people and learn things from them that would change my life forever.
As a lot of you know, I never had any desire to serve a mission. I thought it would be too hard, and just not for me. But the Lord wants us to learn that we can do hard things. Ether 12:27 We have our limits that we set for ourselves, and then we have the potential that the Lord sees in us. He knows what he wants us to become, but He won't ever force us to do anything. He will give us experiences that will lead us farther than we ever thought we could go, down roads we never thought we would travel. And when we want to call it quits, he says, 'not yet. I know you have a little more in you. Keep going!'. And if we trust him- literally take a leap of faith- he will catch us, and mold us. He will be by our side constantly. If there is ever any gap in your relationship with Him, it is because you put it there and let yourself drift.

I have learned that we need to be 'anxiously engaged in a good cause'. Not just busy, but busy with a purpose. Busy in good things, but not the best things, will still slowly let us drift away from where we know we belong. Set goals, and have a purpose. D&C 58:27

And lastly, I learned a lot about charity. You must have it for anything to be done right. If an assignment is done, or correction is made, or teaching is presented, there has to be love present. And not just love, but a true Christ-like love. Those that we interact with can tell a difference. Things are simply more effective, and people are simply just happier, when they know that you love them. Moroni 7:45

'Live in a way that those who know you and don't know Christ, will want to know Christ because they know you.' and always leave people and places better than you found them! And when you work, remember to work hard, but have fun!
Thank you all for your support. My mission would not be the same without the letters and notes and prayers from you!! Keep the faith, and know that I love you, and that your Father in Heaven is indeed watching out for you, and that he has a plan. He knows you, and cares for you. Just trust Him.
Love you!!

Love,
Sister Brown :)





1 comment: