Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

And all that jazz

SO, today's is going to have to be UBER short cause I’m out of time. I’ll just give you the quick low down of everything, and I’m really sorry that I didn't allow myself enough time today.....
Anyways. Transfers. I’m staying in Canyon Heights, and my new companion is Sister Chatwin! We were actually in the same MTC district, so I was beyond excited when I found out that we were going to be companions!! She is super smart and is basically a nurse in training... which is great because we have a lot of sisters that call us sick, and now someone can actually help them! ( I generally play tough love.... rest for a bit and go to work!)
Also, thank you all for the birthday wishes!! They were so great, and my day was wonderful!! It was supposed to mostly be planning... but of course it never goes that way. I woke up and sister Leonhardt had decorated the apartment with sweet notes and pictures and things, and we blew up some balloons. We spent the morning making calls to the sisters. We also usually expect a call from our ZL's to check up on us. Cool thing... they called and when I answered, they just started singing to me! I have the coolest ZL's ever :) then, because we didn't have enough planners for the next transfer, and the ZL's didn't have enough miles, we went to the mission office to pick up mail and supplies. That’s always an adventure :) Sister Dennis (an office lady) sang to me in her cute southern accent. And everyone wished me happy birthday :) we also went to lunch at waffle house, and it was delicious, and just like home haha. The new peach waffle? go buy it. Way good. AND, even though a couple of men said some... interesting things about the church. the cashier gave me 10% off for my birthday even though they usually don't. Score! :) Then that night Phil and I have the same birthday, so we went over there for a party. He made kind of a southern dinner with BBQ ribs and pulled pork and stuff like that. SO good. And then we had cake, and a lesson. It was fabulous :)
Over all everyone is still doing really well. We had a lot of people cancel on us this week, so actually not that many lessons.

Amber and Phil and family are doing great :) they are all coming to church and really loving it. Things are really looking good there..I mean, there are a few bumps in the road, but I think things will smooth out here soon.
Ashley and Tony.... dropped us this week. But just because they said that they want to get a firmer grasp on what they already do believe, and they will call us again when they want to meet.
Golda moved to Wyoming... :(
And we weren't able to meet with Emilio and Nichole and fam yet. Apparently it was a crazy week for everyone.
Also, check out the mission FB: NMAM lds
Sorry this week is brief. Love y'all!!

Love,
Sister Brown






3 comments:

  1. I Love Kylie's "short" note! It is about a month s worth of Gregory's normal email! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis brown, was one of my FAVORITE copanions =).. She is such a special spirit. =)... I LOVE HER. and miss her SO very much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica Kay LeonhardtOctober 12, 2013 at 1:03 AM

    I am Sister Jessica Leonhardt by the way =)

    ReplyDelete